Thursday, July 16, 2009

The midway point


The midway point

Sterling silver wire

The third level of the journey is the midway point. For this piece, I created the bud of lotus flower that is about to start blooming.

“The bud of the lotus in Buddha’s hands represents the nature of Buddha, and is ready to bloom enlightenment” (“Wonsim”). Buddha said, “If we deny the perception of seeing only our own things or desire, we will truly have the nature of Buddha, which gain us realization in our mind” (“LotusLanterrn”). Thus, the nature of Buddha comes to us if we keep staying in a state of integrity and calmness no matter how our circumstances or condition changes.

As the bud of the lotus represents the way to reach a state of high awareness and morality, I have come to recognize that the form of the bud that I created for my third project conveys the spiritual path to find my intention in life right now and in the future.

No comments: